Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#1231 closed bug (invalid)

Problem starting GTK Interface

Reported by: SaThaRiel Owned by:
Milestone: Triage Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Using commit adf9766c076c335a6311636b39d16834d9261552

When i start angband in GTK mode, the following error appears (usually dont use this but stumbled across):

(angband:3213): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion `icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed

(angband:3213): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_toolbar_set_icon_size: assertion `icon_size != GTK_ICON_SIZE_INVALID' failed
angband:

Thats it - no window opens. Nothing. Also no core file or something.
Not sure which gtk i am using, have installed gtk (1.2.10) and gtk2 (2.22.1).

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by SaThaRiel

Looks like its linked against gtk2

ldd angband
[...]
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb7119000)
[...]

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by magnate

I cannot reproduce this: src/angband -mgtk works fine for me (Debian Lenny). The two initial assert warnings appear, but they have been there as long as I have used -mgtk, so they are not fatal.

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by SaThaRiel

I fear that debian is a bit to "old" to reproduce this bug...which maybe not a bug. Can i support more informations here?

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by noz

I've just checked out master from github [adf9766], and compiled on Ubuntu 10.10, using GTK 2.22

It works correctly. There are a few minor niggles, which I'll raise separately, but the window comes up and the game is playable. I suggest you eliminate any savefile issues, by moving the savefiles elsewhere.

comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by SaThaRiel

Sadly no change. It works with 3.1.2v2.

Moved away the whole Angband folder in my home directory and its still throwing the error and closes the window directly (short correction to the initial report - the window comes up but closes immediatly).

I will clean up my whole installation and reinstall Angband again, maybe that'll help.

comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by SaThaRiel

Reinstall didnt help. Problem is that i have this issue with 2 computer (both running Arch, but different Window Managers).

Here is the segfault

[...]
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLOUT}], 1, -1) = 1 ([{fd=3, revents=POLLOUT}])
writev(3, [{"H\2f\237^\0\200\1_\0\200\1 \0033\0\0\0\225\1\0 \200\1", 24}, {"\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377\0\0\0\377"..., 163200}, {"", 0}], 3) = 163224
poll([{fd=3, events=POLLIN|POLLOUT}], 1, -1) = 1 ([{fd=3, revents=POLLOUT}])
writev(3, [{"\225\4\6\0`\0\200\1^\0\200\1&\0\0\0\0\1\0\0\1\0\0\0\225\10\t\0\3\0\0\0"..., 1076}, {NULL, 0}, {"", 0}], 3) = 1076
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 418363}, NULL) = 0
poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 418755}, NULL) = 0
poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 419190}, NULL) = 0
poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 419577}, NULL) = 0
poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
read(3, 0x867f7d0, 4096)                = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 420522}, NULL) = 0
poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}], 2, 0) = 0 (Timeout)
gettimeofday({1291452978, 420787}, NULL) = 0
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
rt_sigaction(SIGSEGV, {SIG_IGN, [SEGV], SA_RESTART}, {0x80bf43b, [SEGV], SA_RESTART}, 8) = 0
write(2, "angband: \n", 10angband: 
)             = 10
[...]

I will test some more for local issues (using the same shell for both accounts etc).

Last edited 10 years ago by SaThaRiel (previous) (diff)

comment:7 Changed 10 years ago by SaThaRiel

Figured out - the problem is caused by CFLAGS (used to optimize programs in Archlinux) - i was using

CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

Now building without CFLAGS - GTK Interface works as expected. Sorry for the ticket.

comment:8 Changed 10 years ago by d_m

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

Okay, this seems closed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.