Switch to ttf fonts in SDL port
|Reported by:||d_m||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by noz)
Some of the SDL fonts don't support the new character used for the floor glyph (the dot) and many more don't support Latin-1 characters, which breaks xchars.
Given that there are currently a ton of these fonts, and that most users will assume that the size of a font shouldn't change it's appearance, I think we should do at least one of the following:
- prune or update the "bad" fonts
- separate out the different font faces (serif, sans) and styles (bold) from the size (making sure that we can support bold/non-bold versions of the different fonts)
- move to truetype fonts for SDL which can be displayed at different point sizes.
I am not a font expert so maybe I have misused some of the font terms, but I think the point should be clear.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by magnate
- Keywords font removed
- Milestone changed from Triage to 4.0
- Status changed from new to confirmed
- Summary changed from Some SDL fonts are bad to Switch to ttf fonts in SDL port
- Type changed from bug to change