Make status effects more interesting
|Reported by:||takkaria||Owned by:|
We currently have 29 status effects.
We have uninteresting ones that should be a bit more than just on/off:
- slow — speed up from -10 to -0 as you lose the effect [probably do the same with haste]
- blind — partial blindness, either randomly (icky), or reduce range
- paralyzed — (from Un) slow down before it kicks in completely?
- confused — you can still cast spells with an increased chance of failure (maybe), and def. with direction randomising
- afraid — you still get the chance to attack, maybe at higher levels you can't target either?
The issue is that they're all a range from 0-inf., which represents duration. We can take as a model, though, that as something is about to wear off, it becomes weaker, and that if you're going to be under its effects for another few minutes then it's pretty much at its most potent.
Further suggestions on how to do this welcome, this is not fully thought-through.
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by magnate
- Keywords player interesting added; player,interesting removed
- Status changed from new to confirmed