Visual artifacts in overhead map.
|Reported by:||jens||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by takkaria)
The fix for #1265, which removed a frequent redraw of the whole overhead map (commit: 47dd76ae5077c2731920) has left visual artifacts in the overhead map when returning to town.
Thread on Oook: http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=56817
To recreate the bug: Return to town, either by recall or staircase. The town is drawn on the left side of the map, any old information that is not overwritten remains on the map, so make sure that your overhead map is larger than the town and that you have explored areas to the right in the dungeon, that will not be covered by the town.
I tried several methods to clear the map:
Does not clear the map:
- Bringing up another program to cover the map.
- Cover the map with the Angband terminal or another terminal.
- Minimizing Angband.
- Moving map window.
- Resizing the window, making it bigger.
- Closing the overhead map and then opening it again, neither by the 'x' in the corner nor the window menu.
- Resizing the map window, making it smaller: clears the areas that you hide when sizing down, so if you then size it up again the visual artifacts you covered will be gone.
- Toggle the map view off/on.
- Entering the dungeon.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by magnate
- Milestone changed from Triage to Future
- Status changed from new to confirmed