Trimming down the number of compile-time options
|Reported by:||CJNyfalt||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by takkaria)
Compile-time options (defines) are more annoying than in-game options because they are hard to debug, and should be kept to a minimum.
I suggest removal of the following (from config.h and other files):
- SAFE_SETUID & SAFE_SETUID_POSIX (on): See my post on the forum some days ago.
- ALLOW_AUTOROLLER (on): There are variants where the game won't even compile if this one is turned off.
- ALLOW_REPEAT (on): This is an important part of the UI, and there should be no reason to turn it off.
- CAPITALIZE_USER_NAME (on): No reason at all to have this as an option.
Other issues in config.h:
- GJW_RANDART is still present in the ANGBAND_LITE block even if it has been removed.
- MONSTER_FLOW_DEPTH doesn't belong in this file.
- A comment on why Macs and Windows machines doesn't handle signals would also be welcome.