Opened 5 years ago

Last modified 15 months ago

#1611 reopened bug

itemlist subwindow interferes with list item command

Reported by: d_m Owned by: molybdenum
Milestone: Future Keywords: itemlist, display, crash
Cc:

Description (last modified by takkaria)

I have an itemlist subwindow which is sized to only display one item. So if there is more than one, the second line will say "...and 1 others."

Problems:

  1. The grammar is wrong. [FIXED[
  2. If I use ], the list-items command, it seems to (erroneously) limit itself to one-line of output, and displays the "and 1 others" line. It *should* display all the items, giving me a -more- prompt if necessary. [FIXED]
  3. If you can see as many items as you have room for, the last line shouldn't be used to say "... and 1 other" but should display that item. e.g. if your term window is 2 high and you can see 1 item, if your term window is 3 high and you can see 2 items then all items should be displayed.

Change History (17)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Milestone changed from Triage to 3.5.0

Assigning open bugs to 3.5 for fixing.

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Description modified (diff)

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Description modified (diff)

Point 1 fixed in b020e2c, pull request https://github.com/angband/angband/pull/276

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by molybdenum

  • Owner set to molybdenum
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Resolution set to fixed (in master)
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

  • Resolution fixed (in master) deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

As of dev-668-g13dc1db, when you reduce the horizontal size of the subwindow to minimal, the game crashes. Also the subwindow is not refreshed when you change levels until you move (monster list).

Edit: the game also crashes when resizing the object list subwindow vertically with 3 objects on the screen.

Last edited 4 years ago by PowerWyrm (previous) (diff)

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

Problem with subwindow not refreshed reported as #1808.

comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by molybdenum

Regarding these crashes, it would be helpful if crash logs/backtraces could be attached. I've added some safety checks, but in some cases, the crashes I'm getting are ending up in the OS X port code and not the actual object list code.

comment:9 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

One last problem with the object list: when you look at the monster list and see the same monster at two different locations, the location is omitted; when you look at the object list and see the same object at two different locations, the location is not omitted and the closest is displayed. Feels weird.

comment:11 in reply to: ↑ 9 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

Replying to takkaria:

Potentially fixed in https://github.com/angband/angband/pull/302

Not fixed. Since I'm under Windows, I can't get any extra log/info about the crash, but it should be easy to track down since it always happens when you resize the subwindow horizontally until you have only 2 columns left.

comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Keywords itemlist, display, blocker added; itemlist display removed

comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

While we're at it, there's also a small glitch with the new object list: when using fuzzy detection, all body armor are displayed with a tabulation. For example:

You can see 3 objects:
*  an unknown item        <-- "a something" or "x somethings"
*     an unknown item     <-- body armor ("Bar Chain Mail", ...)
*  an unknown item        <-- "a something" or "x somethings"

The check for singular prefix should only be applied for items not marked as "aware".

if object_marked_aware(...) has_singular_prefix = TRUE;
Last edited 4 years ago by PowerWyrm (previous) (diff)

comment:14 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

One more glitch: artifact body armor are displayed with a tabulation. For example:

You can see 4 objects:
(   a Cloak
( the Cloak Thorongil...
[     Chain Mail
[     the Chain Mail of Arvedui...

The check for singular prefix should only be applied for non-known artifacts.

if ((object_name_is_visible(...) || object_is_known(...)) && obj->artifact) has_singular_prefix = TRUE;
Last edited 4 years ago by PowerWyrm (previous) (diff)

comment:15 Changed 4 years ago by takkaria

  • Keywords crash added; blocker removed

OK, so I've fixed those bugs but I can't reproduce the two-wide crash on OS X, Valgrind doesn't show up any problems on OS X either. I think this is minor enough to not classify as a blocker.

comment:16 Changed 4 years ago by PowerWyrm

Fix applied in f05ea99a doesn't take into account soft armor.

comment:17 Changed 15 months ago by molybdenum

5d758d5 fixes most of the indentation issues with unidentified, pseudo'd, and identified armors. Indentation issues with fuzzy detection haven't been seen yet.

For the sake of tracking, I've checked the original issues and as many of the comments as possible. I propose closing this and opening new tickets as necessary.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.