Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#1722 closed bug (fixed (in master))

monster/mon-util.c:33: get_lore: Assertion `race' failed.

Reported by: hboetes Owned by:
Milestone: 3.5.0 Keywords:
Cc:

Description

I'm using angband with sdl. I have an extra window for monsters open which is very practical to know what to expect from those gritters. After killing an 's' class gritter I got a crash and the message:

monster/mon-util.c:33: get_lore: Assertion `race' failed.

Allas I didn't have ulimit unlimited at the time.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by hboetes

[New Thread 0x7fffee445700 (LWP 12398)]
angband: monster/mon-util.c:33: get_lore: Assertion `race' failed.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff633b475 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007ffff633b475 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1 0x00007ffff633e6f0 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
Cannot access memory at address 0x7fffffffda18

getting closer. Apparently I have to add more -g flags.

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by hboetes

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffee445700 (LWP 14251)]
angband: monster/mon-util.c:33: get_lore: Assertion `race' failed.

Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
0x00007ffff633b475 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007ffff633b475 in raise () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#1 0x00007ffff633e6f0 in abort () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#2 0x00007ffff6334621 in assert_fail () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#3 0x0000000000458a14 in get_lore (race=0x0) at monster/mon-util.c:33
#4 0x00000000004923c3 in detect_monsters_invis (aware=true) at spells2.c:967
#5 0x0000000000421e39 in effect_do (effect=EF_DETECT_INVIS, ident=0x7fffffffdc1b, aware=true, dir=5, beam=0,

boost=63) at effects.c:743

#6 0x000000000041b478 in do_cmd_use (code=CMD_USE_STAFF, args=0x7bddf0) at cmd-obj.c:650
#7 0x000000000042a503 in process_command (ctx=CMD_GAME, no_request=false) at game-cmd.c:674
#8 0x000000000041ec65 in process_player () at dungeon.c:1123
#9 0x000000000041f5a2 in dungeon (c=0xba8258) at dungeon.c:1464
#10 0x000000000041fd46 in play_game () at dungeon.c:1796
#11 0x0000000000544323 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffe788) at main.c:448

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by takkaria

  • Milestone changed from Triage to 3.5.0
  • Resolution set to fixed (in master)
  • Status changed from new to closed

This has been fixed in master, thanks.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.