Object Description Tweaks & Other Minor Quibbles
|Reported by:||Big Al||Owned by:||takkaria|
Object description bugs:
- In the similar vain as change [de46106] (SVN r439), there is a missing space in un-*id*'ed artifacts descriptions: "It might have hidden powers.It was dropped by xxx on dungeon level xxx".
- The description for !CCW is "When ingested, it heals you a little (30% or 30 HP),..." - the opening parenthesis before the '30%' is green.
Changing the line
if (isdigit((unsigned char) *desc) || isdigit((unsigned char) *(desc + 1)))
if (isdigit((unsigned char) *desc))
fixes the !CCW but then the 'd' in '2d4' is not coloured.
- Not a big deal, but objects stocked in a store say in the object description "It was bought in a store", even before it was bought.
- In the line that says where an object was found ("dropped by a xxx on level yyy"), the depth is not coloured green, to be consistent with monster descriptions where the "...is normally found on dungeon level xxx" is coloured.
Other minor stuff:
- I'd suggest changing "the arrow disappears" to "the arrow breaks" - makes more sense since presumably, if the arrow only disappears, I should be able to look hard enough to find it again.
- I know objects are still in the process of being changed, but Rods of Object Detection (and presumably treasure detection too - haven't found one yet) ask for a direction when zapped.
- With the new gain-one-lose-one stat potions (which are a very clever idea, btw), if the 'loss' stat is sustained, you still gain the other stat. Was this an intended consequence of change [c1a7a34] (SVN r431)? (Since do_dec_stat() returns true if the stat was actually or if it was sustained.) They act as normal stat gain potions if you have the appropriate sustain, the way it is now.
PS. In the future, should I have put all of these (very minor) changes as separate tickets, or just left it has one big one?
Change History (7)
comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by takkaria
- Owner set to takkaria
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 Changed 10 years ago by takkaria
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed