Monster recovery should happen each turn regardless of how far away monsters are from the player
|Reported by:||takkaria||Owned by:||GabeCunningham|
Description (last modified by takkaria)
As far as I can tell, if a monster is fully healed but stunned/confused/afraid and is half a dungeon away from the player, those status effects will not go away.
The problem here is as follows:
- player hurts monster (lots)
- monster runs away to other side of the dungeon
- monster gets up to full HP (because monster HP recovers regardless of distance, see dungeon.c:regen_monsters())
- because monster is out of range from the player and is fully healed, the status effects don't go away (see melee2.c:process_monsters())
- heal status effects regardless of distance
process_monster() in melee2.c is a bit horrific and needs splitting out into smaller functions, too. Should move regen_monsters() to melee2.c too.
Change History (11)
comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by GabeCunningham
- Milestone changed from Future to 3.4.0
- Owner set to GabeCunningham
- Status changed from confirmed to assigned