Making the object list more useful
|Reported by:||stefanor@…||Owned by:||MarbleDice|
Description (last modified by takkaria)
Right now, the object list is usable early on to see if you've missed an interesting object. But it becomes less useful later on, for a couple of (related) reasons:
- Squelch rules are not very fine-grained, and it's not possible to squelch Soft Leather Armor of Resist Fire without also squelching Steel-Shod Boots of Speed. So the object list becomes full of items of dubios value.
- The delete interface is clunky and dangerous.
- As the object list grows longer, it becomes difficult to actually find and take the listed objects.
I propose to:
- Change ']' into a (pageable) menu
- Selecting an item on this menu highlights the item on the map, and the shortest path to it.
- While the path is displayed, other item-commands are available - k for remote-squelch, r for run along path, I for Information.
- Clicking on the object list menu has the effect of a display-path (to be elaborated)
- (optional) Change 'k' from destroy into squelch-one, which is much the same but reversable and doesn't need a prompt.
Change History (6)
comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by MarbleDice
- Owner set to MarbleDice
- Status changed from new to assigned
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.