|Version 16 (modified by takkaria, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Who's where in the angband codebase
This page has been created as a guide to which active (or semi-active) developers have extensive knowledge of which sections of code and where they can most easily/quickly be contacted. For a list of tickets they're each working on, click here.
Maintainer-of-sorts. Knows most things about the code, likes fiddling with everything. Originally took on the game to do refactoring and UI work more than anything else, though. Current priorities:
- finishing refactoring menu API and moving remaining menus to it
- rewrite of the input layer (InputRework)
Contactable on #angband-dev on IRC, or the angband-dev mailing list. Their list of assigned tickets is here.
Maintainer of the Debian package. Author of randart.c and obj-power.c, also usefully familiar with (in descending order):
- object knowledge stuff (obj-info.c plus bits of cmd-know.c, obj-util.c etc.)
- game init (no longer - this has been refactored by elly)
- combat (attack.c, monster/*)
- identify.c / stores.c / effects.c / randname.c
Usually contactable on #angband-dev, or the angband-dev mailing list, or on the forum.
Wrote the original item list. Heavily involved in the curses (GCU) code, as well as colors/flickering. Introduced the quiver to V. Fixes bugs. Kind of random. Future directions of interest:
- better RNG (WELL1024 hopefully)
- better distance/LOS/FOV
- better dungeon generation/vaults/terrain
- better monster/drop flags
- more interesting consumables, more hunger, more pain and suffering
Mostly idles on #angband-dev (as d_m), and reads oook pretty regularly (as d_m). Also has an email address @plastic-idolatry.com.
Author of the much improved monster recall, working on improving the monster and object lists. Sometimes available on #angband-dev, and checks the forum regularly.
Working on object and monster stats generation. Usually watching or idling on #angband-dev, and reading the forum.
Resident crazy person. Enjoys refactoring and code cleanup far too much; has no aspirations towards gameplay changes. Responsible for refactoring, internal API redesigns, and testing. elly on freenode, or in #angband-dev.
- Get my current branch merged (97f7c357b2001ddcf7496c142e81e5e160e0262f from github.com/elly/angband)
- Make header files sane (destroy externs.h, defines.h, etc). Deal in a very final way with the scary comments in defines.h about changing any of the values.
- New load/save API based on every entity being able to serialize itself.