Everything the player carries - equipment, inventory and quiver
- It would be nice of the quiver were more intuitive, but I don't really have any ideas (Nick)
- A quiver could be an item that always takes up an inventory slot and holds a specific number of arrows. You can have multiple quivers. (fizzix)
- A huge boost would be decoupling inventory items from specific slots then allowing the player to remap them as they choose ala DCSS (fizzix)
- I have a pile of code for a very generic inventory object. It is basically just a container data type, with the intention being that it is wrapped up with inventory-specific behavior. (molybdenum)
- For example, the inventory object could be wrapped up in a pack object to represent the player pack. Then, the pack object would implement the existing sorting and organizing behavior.
- The inventory object can also handle items in arbitrary slots, just like the player equipment, so it could be used as a base for that as well.
- OK, I've had some ideas about all this - I think they may fit in well with molybdenum's (Nick):
- Separate equipment from inventory
- Possibly have equipment slots implemented by an equipment struct, or individual variables, or maybe array is still more useful. Dunno
- Build in the facility to have an arbitrary number of inventory slots, even if we never use it
- Related, allow for the possibility of inventory limit being by, eg, weight rather than number of slots - this can be done by having a generic inventory, and then a function or functions to apply constraints to it