|Version 67 (modified by nckmccnnll, 3 years ago) (diff)|
Angband development tracker
Welcome to the Angband development wiki. If you do not consider yourself a developer but rather a player, you might prefer to read the main angband wiki at http://rephial.org/wiki/. Of course, in the world of open source, anyone can be a developer - even if you only want to edit a single text file in lib/edit/.
- New and unconfirmed bugs
- Bugs which have actually been fixed in another branch but are not yet in nightlies
- Ticket list for the next release
- List of all open tickets by keywords
In particular, please check this last one before opening a new ticket, in case a ticket already exists for the same issue. Duplicate tickets are painful and should be avoided wherever possible: if you're not sure if your ticket would duplicate an existing one, leave a comment about your issue on the existing ticket in preference to creating a new ticket.
Whatever you aspire to do, please read the coding guidelines if you intend to read or modify the source code. To get a copy of the latest released development code, use git clone git://github.com/angband/angband.git.
The development wiki is still in, er, development. For now, we have the current useful things:
- Compiling - help with compiling the game
- ReleaseChecklist - things to be checked before a release
- CodeMasters - a guide to which developers are most familiar with which parts of the code, and who is currently working on what
- GitUsage - a guide to pushing etiquette and tips for those cowed by the awesome complexity of git (i.e. everybody)
- ToDiscuss - stuff that the devteam should make a decision on
- ToDocument - stuff that the devteam needs to document fully ...
- Policy - a growing archive of helpful guidance
- StatsHowTo - a description of the Monte-Carlo stats generation routine
- SavefileHowTo - a high-level guide to maintaining savefile compatibility
- UTF8Notes - a note on the design changes to handle UTF-8 files and wide chars internally
- NewEgos - an explanation of the new affix-driven ego item code
- PlanningWiki - a place to plan stuff, organised by game unit (whatever that means)
- Doxygen Code Documentation